Website Evolve Talent
- 2 X Senior Software Engineer and 1 X Software Engineer
- Flexible work arrangements
- Excellent Remuneration Package
- Macquarie Park, NSW
About Our Client
Our client a world leader in design and development acoustic systems with applications in wide variety of industries. They are currently seeking 3 X Software Engineers (Senior and Junior levels) with Software Design experience and strong grasp on C++.
About the Role
Reporting to the Engineering Manager your responsibilities include
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assume primary responsibility for all design, development and qualification activities relating to designated software products within a Project environment.
- Lead software design, development and testing tasks for non-complex systems.
- Liaise, or support discussions, with customer personnel/representative in relation to the
- product design requirements, performance parameters and qualification.
- Manage the transition from software design and development to software production.
- Support the Company’s existing range of products by the provision of testing, defect investigation and/or upgrade design services.
- Work according to the engineering and quality management processes of the company to ensure effective maintenance of design documentation and software configuration records.
- Provide guidance and support across the organisation in matters relating to software engineering, including liaison and coordination with the Quality/Configuration management function to ensure effective maintenance of software configuration documentation and records.
- Perform the role of Project Manager and/or Project Engineer for designated Projects.
- Supervise and mentor specified staff, including the conduct of performance reviews.
- Support a Senior Engineer in the design, development and testing of software relating to complex systems and products.
- Develop real-time stable software to meet the software design requirements.
- Plan and conduct detailed software testing for complex and non-complex systems.
- Support the transition of software products to the Installation and support phases of the Engineering Life Cycle.
- Assist in the support the Company’s existing range of products by the provision of testing, defect investigation and/or upgrade design services.
- Work within designated Project Teams to achieve Project Specific outcomes.
- 2 to 7+ years in a suitable software design engineering role, including 2+ years in a senior role.
- A Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or Computer Science.
- Excellent working knowledge of the Product Lifecycle as applied to software design, development, testing and qualification.
- Experienced in the practical application of engineering standards such as ISO-12207 (Software Life Cycle) and EIA-649 (Config Management).
- Highly proficient in C++ software development.
- Experienced in the design, implementation and documenting of distributed and real-time software intensive systems.
- The demonstrated ability to manage and lead software design and development activities for complex systems in a small, fast-paced and flexible team environment.
- Background in sonar, radar or similar industry.
- Excellent analytical/problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (including the authoring of reports and technical documentation).
- Familiarity with the requirements of Defence projects and eligibility for a Defence Security Clearance to SECRET.
- Current Driver’s licence.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours.
- Preparedness to travel nationally and internationally as necessary to support business activities.
- Sound understanding of the Systems Engineering process as applied to software design, development, testing and qualification.
- Proficient in C++ software development.
- Sound working knowledge of both Linux and Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- Experience with the development of real-time software systems.
- Experience with the development of graphical user interfaces.
- Experience with version control systems (such as Git).
- Experience with issue management systems (such as Jira).
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and collaboration tools (such as Confluence).
- The demonstrated ability to undertake software design and development activities for non-complex systems in a small, fast-paced and flexible team environment.
This is a great opportunity to work for a fast growing defence contractor with a supportive working environment. On offer is an excellent salary package and onsite parking. For a confidential discussion please call Sushil on 0434252860