- Immediate Start
- Excellent Remuneration Package
- Western Sydney Location
Our client is a FMCG business with a long history in Australia. As a result of their significant growth and expansion they are currently recruiting a permanent day shift or permanent afternooon shift supervisor.
About the Role
Reporting to the Manufacturing Manager you will be responsible for
- Manage unplanned downtime through efficient equipment operation and preventative maintenance
- Deliver EBITDA target by focussing on cost management and sustainable value add.
- Keep a cost focus to deliver against the capital plan i.e. waste reduction, plant excellence, line output increases
- Actively support the Quality & Environment strategy to inspire a food safety and quality culture
- Support a continuous improvement culture that encourages the importance of safety, quality and plant efficiency in all aspects of work
- Address communication barriers that exist within the operations team
- Ensure regular communication of results and priorities, including daily production handovers through regular meetings
- Lead & manage the employment lifecycle (i.e. recruitment & selection, probation management, induction and training, performance management)
- Maintain working relationship with the union by working with the terms of the EBA
- Drive and own daily and weekly manufacturing performance to meet site KPIs.
- Experience in the Food & Beverage industry
- Experience is working in union based environment is desirable
- Demonstrated knowledge of managing safety and/or quality programs & processes
- Demonstrated experience supporting CI events, and managing projects and timelines
- Experience working with engineering and maintenance teams
- Experience delivering budget results
- Knowledge of HACCP and GMP Procedures
- The ability to prioritise and manage multiple competing requests while maintaining a culture of accountability and execution
- Ability to work with employees at all levels of the organisation
- Strong analytical/critical thinking
- Strong accountability, consistency, and follow-through skills
- Ability to hold employees accountable when not aligned with companies core values, policies and procedures
- Proven safety champion
- Proven skills and experience in dealing with unions
- Evidence of having championed quality within operations
- Proven project management skills, as evidenced by leading projects to achieve agreed outcomes
- Self-starter, motivated, team-focused and results driven.
- Assertive, solutions focused, strategic and statistically oriented
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, with exceptional interpersonal skills. Proficient in the use of MS Office
This is a permanent opportunity to work in a fast paced environment. Offer is an excellent salary package and onsite parking. For any further questions please feel free to call Sushil Patil on 0434 252 860.