Job Type: Permanent or Contract
Start Date: ASAP
Evolve Talent are currently partnering with a key client within the manufacturing space for a full-time HSE Officer. The role is based in the Kimberley region in the town of Kununurra. The position will suit an individual looking to escape the Perth Winter for the warm temps of the Kimberley as well as having the ability to engage in a spot of fishing or 4 x 4 off roading.
The position will see you drive the safety of the clients manufacturing facility, managing a permanent & contractor workforce which swells somewhat during peak season.
Duties of the role
- Administer the overall HSE framework to generate safety initiatives across the site.
- Deliver relevant HSE reports to HSE Manager – & Regional Managers and other stakeholders as required.
- Provide HSE technical and managerial support to assist with implementation and recording of safety management framework.
- Foster a safe work culture and drive the reduction of significant injuries throughout site, and increase reporting of near misses, hazards and incidents.
- Able to demonstrate experience in contractor management.
- Work with Management to ensure all contractors are approved as per the Contractor Management procedure and contractor operations comply with HSE framework.
- Conduct investigations using a root cause analysis approach to ensure that all causes are identified and addressed in the corrective actions.
- Actively undertake audits, safety investigations, toolbox talks and discussions to ensure all workers are being monitored on practices and provided with regular feedback. Provide regular feedback and education to all leaders within the business.
- Assist with preparation for the annual FSC audit, implementing any recommendations and undertaking any resulting corrective actions.
Qualifications needed for this role
- Cert IV Health & Safety
- Current First Aid Certificate
- C Class Drivers Licence
- ICAM Investigation experience
What does the role offer in return
- Competitive salary
- Company Housing
- Company Vehicle